To our surprise, we are building a "data browser". A personal mashup engine: an antidote to big data: #littledata. The App plugs into any API; bi-directional. The App's API clients (Adapters and Flows) are scriptable configuration (not code) that can be easily modified and shared across communities. Kendraio App is now mature enough to show you. And I'd like to do that. So, please get in touch.
When we started building Kendraio App we thought we were making an asset/rights management dashboard app for artists/managers integrating with service provider APIs. So far we have integrated with YouTube, Spotify, Teosto (Finland's CMO), DDEX (strictly speaking a protocol not an API), Bandsintown (an event listing service), MusicBrainz (a complex wiki for music data) and more in the pipeline.
Then we realised that the tools we are creating could work in any environment and any sector. Hence #databrowser. We are building interface first. Human centric. Not service centric. Hence a local app. For people.
We'd like you to challenge us, my Kendraio team. We still have some funding from the EU (until August 2020). We'd like you to set us tasks. Could be to integrate an API. Could be to model a protocol. Could be to build a dashboard for a sector or service. Go wild! Go blue sky! Challenge us!
This is alpha software but we are already operational and working with real APIs/protocols and real people/organisations. If you want to take a look see:
• Online demo: https://app.kendra.io
• More information: https://www.kendra.io/kendraio-app
• Read the documentation: https://kendraio-app.readthedocs.io
• For help and support, join the conversation on Slack: http://slack.kendra.io
• To download the source code, visit the repo: https://github.com/kendraio/kendraio-app
• To report bugs, suggest improvements, or request features, use the issue tracker: https://github.com/kendraio/kendraio-app/issues
This a time limited offer (if we don't get more funding beyond August 2020). But there is still time to develop amazing worlds. Let me know what you are up to and how we can collaborate.