Loomio

Private Annotations

DS Danyl Strype Public Seen by 36

These could be used for mood-minding/ moderating someone directly within Loomio, without shaming them in the public comment thread, but they could also be used for all sorts of other asides when people want to say something to another user one-on-one, but nested in the context of a group decision.

I visualize them as a thought bubble which pops up next the comment they it is relevant to, maybe when the user hovers their mouse over a little thought bubble icon in the corner of the comment (in the area to the right of 'Like')

DS

Danyl Strype Thu 22 Aug 2013 6:20AM

I believe you guys are adding an inbox for private messages, and I'm sure that will have its uses, but to be honest, one of the things I love about Loomio is how much email it avoids ;) I reckon these thought bubbles could avoid a lot of private messages to that inbox, while keeping those messages right there in context.

RG

Robert Guthrie Mon 2 Sep 2013 8:47AM

Yea.. this is interesting. We've discussed something like this. Thanks Strypey

DU

Deleted account Thu 5 Sep 2013 5:08PM

@strypey I have to agree that I like the Loomio approach to email.

Certainly an interesting idea. I certainly think there needs to be an informal method of conversation within Loomio as such discussions often overcome roadblocks in making decisions.