Loomio
Wed 14 Aug 2013 3:54AM

Your favourite blog writers

SJ Sophie Jerram Public Seen by 121

Hi all- can you name here the writers and thinkers that we should ensure get to hear all about Loomio? Mostly online but offline writers too are very welcome ! We will send them strategically-written and friendly intros to Loomio as the news comes to hand about our trajectory.

SJ

Sophie Jerram Wed 14 Aug 2013 3:55AM

For kicking off the discussion, I like Cory Doctorow, who wrote
http://boingboing.net/2013/07/03/flat-pack-futures-the-insuffi.html

MB

Matthew Bartlett Wed 14 Aug 2013 4:08AM

Marco Arment, who wrote A Thicker Hope

QG

Quentin Grimaud Wed 14 Aug 2013 7:30AM

authors of Mozilla blogs, for example Tristan Nitot

RDB

Richard D. Bartlett Sun 18 Aug 2013 9:51PM

David Graeber, Heather Marsh, Lawrence Lessig, Clay Shirky, Carne Ross

MB

Matthew Bartlett Mon 19 Aug 2013 2:26AM

O of course: Bruce Sterling

AG

Anna Guenther Mon 19 Aug 2013 2:38AM

Thanks everybody! Here's the google spreadsheet we've created, feel free to keep on adding / sharing your faves here :)

DU

Caelan MacIntyre Mon 28 Oct 2013 5:52PM

I listen to James Howard Kunstler’s podcast occasionally as well as Michael Ruppert’s The Lifeboat Hour. Both can have good guests, too, like, for example, Steve Ludlum and Derrick Jensen, respectively. I read so much online material that I am simply unable to read most blogs from beginning to end. Nevertheless, I will take snaps of Dmitry Orlov’s and John Michael Greer’s for other examples. I also catch a lot of videos on You Tube by the likes of Chris Hedges, David Korowicz (speaking about lock-in) and Richard Heinberg. I also really appreciate Franklin López’s work over at Submedia.tv:
http://www.submedia.tv/stimulator/2013/10/20/showdown-at-highway-134/

TS

Tathra Street Wed 30 Oct 2013 5:42AM

Russel Brand would be someone I'd want to know about Loomio with his talk of being alienated by (and rejecting) the current dysfunctional democratic systems and his call for revolution.

MB

Matthew Bartlett Wed 30 Oct 2013 7:22AM

Hey good idea, @tathrastreet!

JL

Jon Lemmon Wed 30 Oct 2013 9:00PM

@tathrastreet I was saying the same thing the other day. :)

Load More