Loomio
Sat 13 Jul 2013 11:29AM

Make it possible to preview comments?

JD Josef Davies-Coates Public Seen by 68

I'd really like to be able to preview comments before posting them, to make sure I've got markdown formatting correct.

This would help to resolve the existing problem of needing to delete and re-post comments when mistakes are made (which sends out loads of emails to users, negatively affecting Loomio's reputation).

Users should of course also be able to edit comments, which would also help to resolve this issue, but that is a separate discussion happening over here: https://www.loomio.org/discussions/4440

JD

Poll Created Sat 13 Jul 2013 11:30AM

Make it possible to preview comments before publishing them Closed Tue 16 Jul 2013 11:00AM

Outcome
by Josef Davies-Coates Mon 27 Feb 2017 10:26PM

With no blocks, no disagreements, and one abstention there is a pretty clear consensus (of those that voted) that the ability to preview comments is a good idea, given the proviso that previewing comments should be optional, not mandatory.

This would help to resolve the existing problem of needing to delete and re-post comments when mistakes are made (which sends out loads of emails to users, negatively affecting Loomio's reputation).

Users should of course also be able to edit comments, which would also help to resolve this issue, but that is a separate discussion happening over here: https://www.loomio.org/discussions/4440

Results

Results Option % of points Voters
Agree 87.5% 7 JV NW BK DS CT JD AZ
Abstain 12.5% 1 DU
Disagree 0.0% 0  
Block 0.0% 0  
Undecided 0% 267 RG JL AI KC AT AC MB G DS N CR DMA S PS LG K JM ML SL JW

8 of 275 people have participated (2%)

JD

Josef Davies-Coates
Agree
Sat 13 Jul 2013 11:31AM

This would make loomio rock even more and greatly improve new users' first impression of the platform. No brainer.

DU

Deleted account
Disagree
Sat 13 Jul 2013 5:31PM

It needs to be an option rather than being compulsory.

DU

Deleted account
Abstain
Sat 13 Jul 2013 7:26PM

It needs to be an option rather than being compulsory.

DU

Deleted account
Abstain
Sat 13 Jul 2013 7:31PM

If the proposal read to “provide an option to preview comments before publishing them” I would fully support the proposal..... as it reads at the moment it could include a compulsory preview approach (while I don't think the intent of the proposal).

DS

Danyl Strype
Agree
Mon 15 Jul 2013 12:20PM

With the same proviso as Neil, that previewing should be an option, but a user should also have the option of posting a comment without preview.

BK

Benjamin Knight
Agree
Mon 15 Jul 2013 8:26PM

I think an opt-in preview makes sense

AZ

Aija Zvidrina
Agree
Tue 16 Jul 2013 9:55AM

Statement field is too short for my reasoning so posted it in the comment.

DU

Deleted account Sat 13 Jul 2013 5:29PM

I have no problem with an option for previewing messages before they are posted. I do have a problem if this is made compulsory. If the proposal was amended to make it an option I would support the proposal. At this stage I am against.

JD

Josef Davies-Coates Sat 13 Jul 2013 5:55PM

@neilmorris um the proposal already says "Make it possible" not "Make it compulsory" :P

Load More