Loomio
Wed 11 Dec 2013 8:45PM

We're crowdfunding! What do you want?

AS Alina Siegfried Public Seen by 155

Hi Loomio Community,

I'm Alina, the new Senior Comms Wrangler at Loomio. I'm loving getting to know the community through various discussions. I'd love your input on this one.

Some exciting news - we're going to be launching a massive crowd-funding campaign early next year! It's important for us to head out on this adventure in collaboration with the global Loomio community, so we would love hear your thoughts on how you think it could roll out.

For example, are there specific rewards you would like to see? Are there some platforms you prefer over others?

Please throw us your ideas... Go!

BN

Brennan Novak Thu 12 Dec 2013 6:55PM

Make it easy to create a custom theme and a self hosted install of Loomio

BN

Brennan Novak Thu 12 Dec 2013 6:56PM

Create better documentation & support for running on non Heroku servers

AS

Alina Siegfried Mon 16 Dec 2013 12:16AM

Thanks @brennannovak for your suggestions, but I was hoping to generate some discussion around what people might like to see for rewards on a crowdfunding campaign.

@benjaminknightloom @vivienmaidabornloo have you picked up some ideas on your travels to get the ball rolling?

CR

Chelsea Robinson Mon 16 Dec 2013 1:40AM

#Ideas galore!

• A free toolkit on "how to get your team in loomio and cranking fast" - everyone struggles with this!
  • Send me a LoomioLover merchandise item or like a laptop cover with a great quote about democracy on it
  • I want a heart on my name on Loomio which only crowdfunders get to "wear" on their profile online
  • 1 hour of skype consultation for FREEE...

the list goes on - super keen to hear others' ideas

ST

Simon Tegg Mon 16 Dec 2013 7:01AM

@jonlemmon will compose and sing a thankyou song with your name in it.

AC

Anthony Cabraal Tue 24 Dec 2013 4:37AM

Loomio "I supported" header image for facebook?

RA

Ricardo Araújo Tue 24 Dec 2013 5:19PM

-Something like @anthonycabraal said, but in loomio, next to the profile picture.
-Other idea is to being able to install loomio locally but may have little interest.
-Having a paid account with more benefits, like being able to have more people in their group/team

M

Murdoch Thu 26 Dec 2013 4:42AM

Commemorative teaspoons.

RW

Rebeka Whale Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:15PM

T-shirts could be great, but tricky with the different sizes... could just pre-print a bunch in each size and have a back up plan for any that aren't snapped up.
Bike flags!
+1 for the heart/icon on your profile.
Your image added to the Loomio 'shrine of support' collage installation.
A lifesize cardboard cutout of your favourite Loomio team member.
A day on the project - come to the office and work with the team
Your very own pre-loomio decision- making kit. Complete with Runes, Tarot, Tea-leaves, I-Ching, Pendulum, Die, 8 ball, a blank pro's & con's list, and a coin.
handmade chutney or 'Loomio special sauce'
A 6 pack of Loomio Lemonade

RW

Rebeka Whale Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:23PM

A pack of Art stickers from some of Wellington's finest illustrators.
A beautiful framed print of something Loomio relevant (quote, infographic...)

Load More