Professional Development Workshop- LGBTIQ+ Family and Domestic Violence
Yesterday, May 28th was the inaugural LGBTIQ+ Domestic Violence Awareness Day. To mark this occasion and help build awareness about this issue, we are offering a professional development opportunity via our online workshop.
Inviting Family and Domestic Violence Practitioners, GP's and Medical Practitioners, Community Service Providers, Mental Health Workers, Advocates, Suicide Prevention Providers and the wider community to join Connection And Wellbeing Australia in a workshop that will explore the experiences of LGBTIQ+ Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and how we can better respond to the needs of LGBTIQ+ people in our services.
Discussion will cover:
- How FDV and IPV presents in LGBTIQ+ communities
- Specific contributors to LGBTIQ+ FDV and IPV
- Unique challenges faced by LGBTIQ+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- How to work inclusively with LGBTIQ+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- Referring to and working with LGBTIQ+ groups to provide access to supports
Tickets are $80.00*
Purchase your ticket and register: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/15/m25qnc5
*****If you are from an LGBTIQ+ community support group, please contact email@example.com and we can offer a reduced rate for tickets.