2019/2020; What is OurField's longer term approach?
There is a very interesting closed thread called "2018; what are we going to plant in the year ahead?" [PS you can always read closed threads..just not post new content there.]
I would like to re-open the debate to determine some policies for the future, for example
* are OurField members are happy to remain with a no-till conservation agriculture system that may require use of chemical sprays to terminate cover crops?
* what will we plant in the "break years" between the profitable grain crops?
* are members happy to commit to a multi-year programme where improvement of soil fertility may reap longer term returns but could mean lower profits in the short term?
* should we agree over-arching policies so John can farm the land according to his best judgement to meet the desires of the members, but without month to month voting on each application of spray or fertilizer?
* do we in fact want that voteless procedure, or are the regular votes an important part of the "ourField" method?