Loomio

AGM Planning

GM(
Gregory Marler (former Director) Public Seen by 428

Only me and Rob joined the planned call, so it was quick and to the point on our actions. I took some brief notes, included below.
We've previously agreed that the AGM will be in Manchester, and it must be in May or June.

Present
Rob and Gregory.

Action Greg: contact Bob about venue?

Action: Rob to contact "Central Working" for rates.

Venue
To host about 40. 2 rooms, so we can break into workshops?

*Timing: * start at 12, end about 5pm.

AGM: hour max, ideally less.

Could start at 12, while people eat their packed lunch (if venue allows).

Workshops?...
Rob to create Google Form for calls. Pass it around.
Share entries on Loomio.

Meeting ended +15 minutes.

R

RobJN Thu 25 Jan 2018

Thanks Gregory. Got back in to my email to find a couple more apologies so it seems like it was just a bad time to pick.

The call for workshops has now been shared. Please encourage folk to submit something:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fGJ_9sneOFp3jbcpo3h0-kO9Vqa-CMT9IBorM7szqMA/edit

I have also contacted Central Working.

R

RobJN Fri 2 Feb 2018

I got a response from Central Working that their rooms are for members only. Meanwhile I have contacted Open Data Manchester CIC and had an initial positive response. The CEO is going to ask colleagues (venue staff I suppose) and get back to me.

@gregorymarler : any luck contacting Bob?

R

RobJN Sat 3 Feb 2018

JH

Jon Harley Sat 3 Feb 2018

OSMF AGMs that I've been to are usually done in much less than an hour. The voting for directors is done and counted in advance, so there's just Q&A on the accounts (usually only one or two questions), and debate on motions (if any). I'd say schedule half an hour, just before lunch, and let it run on into lunchtime if there seems an urgent need for a debate, and people can go for lunch early if it's over quicker.

R

RobJN Sun 4 Feb 2018

30 minute AGM sounds good. Planning times around lunch will partly depend on the venue and whether it has kitchen facilities/allows food/is located near food outlets. But all these details can be figured out closer to the time. :-)

Fingers crossed we will get some venue news this week. I will feel much happier when that is ticked off the to do list!

GM(

Sorry, I've got behind on OSM bits due to new job.

Bob had no contacts, but recommended https://www.manchestersciencefestival.com/venue/the-shed-manchester-metropolitan-university/
I have been there (for OpenData Camp) and would work for a primary talk area, plus some breakout space. If I remember correctly, they were happy with us having food from down the street, and there was a kettle that could be used.

The http://diginnmmu.com/ website seems to be down, but I've just contacted them via Twitter.

RB

Robert Barr Thu 22 Feb 2018

Hi, Sorry folks I didn't think of Open Data Manchester, they have excellent facilities which are well located too and are nice and effective people.
Bob

JN

Jez Nicholson Mon 21 May 2018

Partnering with Open Data Manchester worked really well. Nice folk and a good opportunity to spread the word about OSM without having to arrange a venue and drum up attendees from scratch

BP

Brian Prangle Mon 21 May 2018

Can more members who came to the AGM add a couple of sentences about their day? Hopefully you all enjoyed it - I know I did. Then we can get out a news/blog item about the day. Members' views carry more weight than directors- we're almost duty-bound to be positive!
To those I met - it was great sharing experiences with you. To those I didn't get a chance to talk to at length - perhaps next meeting?

DS

Dan S Tue 22 May 2018

It was ace, in particular the slightly whimsical mapping trip we did, following psychogeographic suggestions prepared by the Joy Diversion organisers. That was a good way to get new mappers and experienced mappers working together on an equal footing.

R

RobJN Sat 2 Jun 2018

Thanks all. I have now sent out a newsletter to our members with some of your quotes. I also shamelessly took the opportunity to post it to West Midlands group "Mappa Mercia" blog. Really should mention the CIC more often on the MM site.
http://www.mappa-mercia.org/2018/06/joy-diversion-mapping-in-manchester.html