Loomio 1.0 pre-release
Today is a pretty exciting day - we’re bringing on the first people to see an early version of Loomio 1.0! To access the new version, you need to be logged in on Loomio Beta, and then navigate to loomio.org/angular - go on, check it out!
(To get back to Loomio Beta, just refresh the page.)
This is early days, so there are lots of broken things, links that don’t work, missing images, weird ugly icons, etc... There is still plenty of work to do before we release this publicly, but we wanted to share our progress with our supporters to get some early feedback.
We expect to make big progress over the next three weeks, so we’ll be updating this thread when there is new functionality for you to check out.
For now, here’s some of the stuff that should work:
- Live updates - when someone votes or posts a new comment, it will show up on the thread immediately (no more reloading the page!)
- Infinite scroll - if you are reading a long discussion thread, comments will be loaded as you scroll down the page, rather than split out across multiple pages.
- New navigation - This new version includes the ‘inbox dropdown’ - click on the inbox icon on the top left and you’ll see a list of all the latest threads. At the bottom of the list there’s a link “Keep this menu open”. This pins the inbox to the side of the screen, so you can navigate from one thread to the next quickly.
- Mobile responsive - we’ve designed this new interface “mobile first”, meaning it should work great on a small screen.
And here’s what we’re working on in the very near future:
- Mute button: as discussed in this thread, the mute button will be an easy way to ignore particular threads, so you won’t be notified of activity you don’t care about.
- Starred threads: adding a ‘star’ to a thread is an easy way for you to mark it as important, and easily come back to it later.
- Inbox filters: you’ll be able to customise what gets loaded in your Inbox. e.g. so it only shows you starred threads, or just the threads you are participating in.
- Plus a general styling upgrade, and of course we’ll fixing up all the obviously broken things, missing images, links, etc.
Once those things are in place, we can get stuck into some really exciting features, like the activity feed (all your content on a wall), a plugin architecture (e.g. to support multiple decision types), and a super lightweight way of making decisions without having to form groups.
Ben Burton started a proposal December 2nd, 2014 00:09
Congratulations to the Loomio team! Closed 6:05pm - Thursday 4 Dec 2014
I propose we congratulate the team for the hard work and success with the software so far. It's much appreciated and needed. Keep up the good work.
|Agree - 77|
|Abstain - 0|
|Disagree - 0|
|Block - 0|
December 2nd, 2014 00:26
You are done such great work, and I hope to spread the use.
Aotearoa Digital Arts (ADA) Network
December 2nd, 2014 00:36
While we as an organisation have still to really feel the full benefits of what is already avallable i totally agree that the team have worked very hard and created an amazing tool
December 2nd, 2014 02:31
Big hug to all the team .. you are making history and steps toward better future ..
December 3rd, 2014 00:29
The platform continues to improve and member feedback and suggestions are pouring in.