Meetings - how would you like them to happen
Before we started OSM UK our meetings were fully open discussions. We then moved to monthly Directors meetings. I think the hope was that we form working groups just like the OSM Foundation but unfortunately this hasn't happened. We would like to re-assess how and when we meet.
We would love to hear you ideas of how we should be doing meetings. Any idea is welcome - there is no need to follow the arrangement of any other entity. Indeed trying to replicate how the OSM Foundation operates is unlikely to be the best option at this stage in our existence. So please share ideas and we will figure out how best to do it within the realms of our Articles of Association.
Some prompt questions:
- How may groups should meet? That is, do we meet as one big UK group or do we want subgroups?
- How often should meetings be?
- Who should attend the meetings?
- What should be discussed at meetings versus what can just be shared via email newsletters, the website, Loomio, etc?
- Do you prefer to use meetings to tackle one thing at a time or do you prefer a more general meeting in which we discuss updates on all areas of work?