Loomio
Thu 10 Oct 2019

OSM UK Microgrants

AH(
Adam Hoyle (Director) Public Seen by 198

One of this years strategy aims is to create "A micro-grant programme to support those who want to help us grow the community via talks, workshops, etc.".

I have taken on the task of putting together a draft proposal for this and so I am interested to know if you have any experience of setting up or running micro grants, or you have any input that you think is relevant or useful regarding micro grants.

All contributions welcome :)

R

RobJN Thu 31 Oct 2019

Given that we don’t have a huge amount of money, my suggestion would be to start small and focus on community building efforts. So funding people to travel to relevant events (ideally because they have been selected to give a talk) or funding the printing and design of leaflets both seem ideal.

Either that or we just say what our upper limit is and let people come forward with whatever ideas they have. Unlike the osmf we are small enough to be able to review all proposals at this stage.

AH(

Adam Hoyle (Director) Mon 4 Nov 2019

This is a very useful document that discusses "Establishing Micro-grant Programs" https://ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents/finances/invest-in-community-resources/microgrant/main

R

RobJN Thu 2 Jan

Hi all. We met in December to start discussing the micro grant scheme. We are now seeking feedback on our initial plans:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xVLT-mUWPl-zxR4qyZ0PmceFR7HGwNEDsck9e-AsYGk/edit?usp=sharing

We will meet again on Monday 6th January to discuss. You are free to join us on at this meeting.

Join by web, app or phone on Monday 6 January @ 7:30pm

  • Web browser: Go to https://8x8.vc/osmuk/join

  • 8x8 Video Meetings App: Use meeting name "osmuk/join" (without quotes)

  • Dial-in: +44 330 808 1706 PIN: 518 299 17#

R

RobJN started a check Mon 13 Jan

Who wants to review our microgrant proposal? Closed Mon 20 Jan

We are looking for volunteers to help review our microgrant proposal. So far the OSM UK board and Robert W (who joined as a guest at our December meeting) have been involved. A couple more people would be ideal. Please use this "check poll" to let us know if you intend to review the proposal.

We are looking to launch this by 23rd January (unless bad feedback) so ideally your review should be by 20th January. Comments can be shared here, on the document or to board@osmuk.org.

The proposal:

1 - Yes
0 - No
R

RobJN
Yes
Mon 13 Jan

I've already done my review :-)