Policy & Advocacy
How can we continue to maintain pressure on decision-makers to deliver on their promises? The majority of organisations engaged so far have expressed an interest to keep engaging in joint policy and advocacy. There is a clear need and demand from a number of civil society bodies to continue the successful work to shape and influence the agenda at the UN, building on the work during the post-2015 sustainable development process; to continue to maintain pressure from civil society on the implementation, monitoring and review phases.
Examples of activities:
- Regular policy briefings and other joint resources to support advocacy work - e.g. template resources such as talking points and press releases.
- Enable civil society groups to be better equipped to engage with decision-makers on development of national plans and strategies, and inform their constituencies.
- Develop partnerships and work on joint CSO positions to show unity and common push for action on leaders, especially on policy coherence (e.g. climate mitigation, adaptation, and development plans).
- Provide advocacy and lobbying expertise on behalf of members to ensure effective representation and advocacy during formal UN process, including feeding into Major Groups around the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) process and other relevant channels such as UNFCCC and ICPD.
- Offline meeting spaces including annual meeting(s), possibly linked to the HLPF to share latest knowledge and awareness at national, regional and/or global (New York) level. This could include sharing resources for national/regional civil society to facilitate their own annual meetings.
On 30 March, the working group held its first meeting to discuss its goals and activities for 2016.To read the notes from the meeting click here.
Coordinator started a proposal January 19th, 2016 18:39
Are you planning advocacy activities for the the High Level Political Forum for Sustainable Development (Governance body for the SDGs)? Closed 6:07pm - Monday 8 Feb 2016
If you are planning activities select 'Agree'
If you are not planning activities select 'Disagree'
|Agree - 0|
|Abstain - 0|
|Disagree - 0|
|Block - 0|