social.coop GitLab accounts now accessible!
So, following up on our membership of Web Architects coop:
- We discover our payment hasn't (yet) gone through, Mayel and I are currently trying to get this sorted.
- However, @chriscroome has whitelisted accounts created with social.coop email addresses in anticipation of this being sorted (thanks!)
- This isn't currently very easy or scalable: we use a free Zoho account currently which has a max of 25 mail addresses that can receive mail and forward it externally.
- Therefore, for now, anyone who wants access, please send me your email addresses (privately or however) and I'll add you as a forwarding recipient for firstname.lastname@example.org (which is intended as a means to contact us anyway)
- You can then create a GitLab account using that address and subsequently change it to your personal one on receiving the confirmation. (Yes, this may get confusing if registrations overlap... but I have limited time to sort out anything better)
My time is limited because I shall be going away on holiday this weekend (and is also why I can't make it to Open: 2018 this year :( )
The payment requires some help from Alanna at OpenCollective, since it seems neither Mayel or I can amend the expense claim to add Web Architect's email address so they can pay it!
My main aim is to get people access so they can start browsing the GitLab services and potentially self-organising there. I have some ideas which I aim to put on GitLab, either as documents or tickets.
Also, I hope GitLab may be useful to people outside the core Tech WG, even to other working groups, so please don't exclude yourself if you have any inclination to look and comment on the process.