Loomio
Tue 14 Nov 2017

Humans, Technology & Artificial Intelligence...

DMC
Digital Maker Collective Bot Public Seen by 525

Are you interested in this question/provocation? If so how & why?
Please post updates below:
- Photos of meet-up activities
- Photo or list of any notes
- Names of attendees
- Dates of future meet-ups
- Links to any online planning spaces like Facebook groups etc.

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot started a poll Tue 14 Nov 2017

Should Technology be Socially Responsible? Closed Thu 8 Feb 2018

Are you interested in responding to this question/provocation? if so how, do you support the argument, oppose it or want to rephrase it ?

2 - I agree with this statement & would like to collaborate on a project.
0 - I would like to contribute an opposing argument to this statement in collaboration
2 - I would like to rephrase the Question/Provocation.
JS

Julian Stadon Thu 16 Nov 2017

I agree with this statement & would like to collaborate on a project.
DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Thu 16 Nov 2017

From the First Group AI Meet-Up session

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Thu 23 Nov 2017

AI second meeting notes

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Thu 23 Nov 2017

@farrukh2 came to the CCW staff conference and shared updates on the AI group with CCW/UAL staff and talked about the groups participation in Tate Exchange 2018

FA

Farrukh Akbar Mon 4 Dec 2017

The AI group met again at the Chelsea makers space today (4th Dec) and shot more film for the Tate Late installation and brainstormed options for interaction with the Tate audience. Checked out statue projection mock-up. Explored using 'Pepper' robot and for using a facebook voting page.

FA

Farrukh Akbar Thu 7 Dec 2017

meet up of the AI group at CG01 Chelsea digital Makers space at 11.30am today 7 Dec 2017

FA

Farrukh Akbar Thu 7 Dec 2017

Checking out the Tate

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 8 Dec 2017

Next AI group meet up on Tues 12 Dec at 10.30am

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 8 Dec 2017

I agree with this statement & would like to collaborate on a project.
DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Fri 8 Dec 2017

Where please and what is the meeting about for others who may be intested?

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Fri 8 Dec 2017

You can also create a 'Check' in this group to share meet-ups using the tools on the right

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 8 Dec 2017

The AI group meeting on Tues is at Chelsea room CG01

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 8 Dec 2017

The meeting is the AI group 5th project progression meeting

V

Vishal Tue 12 Dec 2017

NEXT MEETING! AI Group: Friday 15th Dec 11:00AM @ CG01 Chelsea

FA

Farrukh Akbar Tue 12 Dec 2017

AI Dummy run -looking good!

FA

Farrukh Akbar Tue 12 Dec 2017

FA

Farrukh Akbar Tue 12 Dec 2017

JM

Jazmin Morris Wed 13 Dec 2017

Hello!
Here are the gaming groups questions:
- Is gaming useful?
- Is gaming an art form?
- Are simulation games the future of existence?

I

Izaak Wed 13 Dec 2017

Questions for A.I group from Movement & Technology group:
1. How can your movement be influenced by whether you are alone or in a group?
2. Should healthcare implement fitness or movement through technology to help problems with health within society?
3. How can technology be used to promote physical well being?
4. Could we prescribe technology?
5. How can technology give access to movement those who cannot physically move?

FA

Farrukh Akbar Thu 21 Dec 2017

Thanks Jazmin/Izaak for the questions...will discuss with the group. By the way if you have any key points/research or examples that will make the conversation more interesting relating to your questions please let us know.

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Thu 21 Dec 2017

Yes I think we need to unpick these questions and put more context behind them all, create a simple script the actor can follow - we need a short script for each provocation with some prompts and how to respond - we should try this out together - AI uses machine learning by what data its fed - so we will be the data base that feeds this fake machine

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Thu 21 Dec 2017

@zoe63 @lucy25 @indiagabb have you some provocations to add please?

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Mon 8 Jan 2018

Please send me any meet -up dates you have planned asap today so I can add to the list and share with the collective - http://digitalmakercollective.org/node/242

V

Vishal Mon 8 Jan 2018

MEETING TOMORROW: A.I team, makers space 3pm

V

Vishal Mon 8 Jan 2018

Trial run of Tate Late project (just ai team) on the 17th Jan in the makers space 11am

FA

Farrukh Akbar Tue 9 Jan 2018

Next AI Filming session on Friday 12 Jan at 2pm

FA

Farrukh Akbar Wed 10 Jan 2018

AI group Meeting 9 Jan 2018 notes

JM

Jazmin Morris Wed 10 Jan 2018

Is gaming useful: is it leisurely or solely entertainment? Can it be a form of treatment or therapy? Is it a waste of time?
Is gaming an art form: Are game developers artists? Where do you draw the line? Should art within gaming exist separately to fine arts? Is the player an artist? Could a machine do it all instead?
Are simulation games the future of existence: What do you think of the double virtual lives people now live? Why have we created a virtual platform in which to exist?

I

Izaak Thu 11 Jan 2018

Movement & Technology will be making a interactive installation where audience members hop from one sensor pad to another to reveal projected visuals. Through hopping, the Tate audience will decode the hidden message presented by the group of artistic collaborators!

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 12 Jan 2018

Thanks Izaak. HI Jazmin thanks for the questions, but we also urgently need a paragraph of what your gaming area activity will be so that the holographic robot can invite the audience to your area. We are filming the robot at 2pm today. Thnx

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 12 Jan 2018

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 12 Jan 2018

Filming the AI holographic robot for Tate Late

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 12 Jan 2018

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Sat 13 Jan 2018

Would be great to build on this idea for the entrance of Tate Exchange in March? We could do a bigger version?

FA

Farrukh Akbar Sat 13 Jan 2018

Cool idea :ok_hand:

P

Pascale Tue 16 Jan 2018

Tomorrow there's an event which may be of interest to your group at Imperial College:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/imperial-fringe-intelligence-redesigned-tickets-40104508665

FA

Farrukh Akbar Wed 17 Jan 2018

Testing out the hologram

FA

Farrukh Akbar Wed 17 Jan 2018

Editing and testing the hologram

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Sun 21 Jan 2018

We need to do some promo work and shout about our involvement in Tate Lates so Could each group please post in your Loomio groups:

  1. A short paragraph about your intervention & how it relates to the Tate Lates theme of Production (don't need to be too explicit just enough to show a link)

  2. please list all the members involved in the production of the intervention and please try and ensure everyone has a profile on the digitalmakercollective website

FA

Farrukh Akbar Sun 21 Jan 2018

AI Group Intervention:
AI group has two interactive installations: The first is a recorded holographic installation that gives a short description of all the various activities being shown by the Digital Makers Collective at the Tate Late event.
The second intervention is a mock robot that directly interacts with the audience initiating a playful dialogue on technological production and its impact on our lives.

FA

Farrukh Akbar Sun 21 Jan 2018

Here is the full list of the wider team:
Farrukh Akbar
Junli Huang
Irene Pouliassi
Vishal Mistry
Florentine Ruault
Rodrigo Chaveiro
Loz Vegas
Vija Skangale
Hannah Lammin
Sheena Calvert
Lu Weichung
Esra Vazirally
Ziyin Guan
Elena Tsai
People who have attended two or less AI group meetings (please correct if you have attended more that 2 AI group meetings):
Qianqian She
Jijie Zheng
Marion Flanagen
Lina Chang
Kez Dearmer

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Mon 22 Jan 2018

Please send your 'work in progress' Images for Tate Lates promotional use!

Could you all please either add your best pictures taken over the past month/s of your work/groups in progress, any snapshots taken with a phone, and pictures of the final product.

Either email to c.follows@arts.ac.uk or add the images to the O365 shared folder link below (need to be using your ual login).

All images should be sent no later than Wednesday morning as we plan to do some social media promotions asap.

We will also be using these images to post of Instagram take over of Camberwell, Wimbledon and Chelsea account before (to show what we have been doing) During (showcase the evening) After (to promote the Tate March events).

Camberwell student Maria Than is taking the lead on this but can others please contact Maria to help support this social media push? mariathuyhienthan@gmail.com

We will try and compile all the images in this O365 shared folder https://artslondon-my.sharepoint.com/personal/c_follows_arts_ac_uk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?folderid=17b33ffedf2a04a79a44699eed003c7ce&authkey=AV6K4FvDChGugeLn47fbrtA&e=OAMEPx

Thank you very much !

Chris & Maria

V

Vishal Wed 31 Jan 2018

GROUP MEETING to discuss Tate Exchange: Wednesday 7th Feb 12pm (Chelsea Maker Space)

FA

Farrukh Akbar Wed 31 Jan 2018

cool

FA

Farrukh Akbar Sat 3 Feb 2018

Hi Guys, Had a long and productive meeting with Tate Exchange people yesterday. Will debrief tomorrow at 12noon. We also need to decide what/how to show at 5th-10th March Exchange event.

FA

Farrukh Akbar Sat 3 Feb 2018

Meant will debrief on Wed 12 noon at our next AI meeting

FA

Farrukh Akbar Mon 5 Feb 2018

Hi Guys, would be good to have some thoughts about what and how to show at the Tate Exchange week...to discuss at our Wed 7th Feb meeting. Also is there a chance that we will have 'Pepper' Robot for that week?

HL

Hannah Lammin Tue 6 Feb 2018

I would like to rephrase the Question/Provocation.

Important subject area, but it is phrased as a closed question. Who would answer 'no' to this!? But there will be many views of what 'social resonsibility' is. Better to ask what socially responsible technology would look like, or how it would work?

DMC

Digital Maker Collective Bot Tue 6 Feb 2018

I would like to rephrase the Question/Provocation.

I would agree with Hannah Lammin - be good to define this provocation and explore its pros & cons

V

Vishal Wed 7 Feb 2018

NEXT MEETING.....Monday 12th @ 12pm at the Chelsea Makerspace

FA

Farrukh Akbar Mon 12 Feb 2018

Here are the details of the guest speaker Dr Khalid we discussed last week.I think he will be bringing a couple of large commercial drones with him. Looks really cool.. He should be attending two days 7th and 10th March.

His details:
Event Partner Names: Dr F. Khalid, Chief Scientist at SenSat specialising in Spatial Analytics and AI.

Company Institution Name: SenSat

Sector/Company representing: Autonomous Drone Mapping

Short overview about you/your team:

SenSat was formed in 2015 with a mission to digitise the world, recreating places and objects in incredible detail to render them into a virtual environment. Our high resolution 3D models, between 1cm - 2.5cm, are developed using various data capturing tools including a fleet of autonomous drones. We aim to build the world’s 1st physical world AI ecosystem by deploying AI agents in the real world, accelerate agent training processes and develop a common language between these agents to transfer knowledge.

Dr. Sheikh Fakhar Khalid, Chief Scientist at SenSat specialises in Spatial Analytics and AI. He has been working on a recent SenSat project that aims to develop a Smart City in a week by deploying a network of sensors and drones to captured real-time data augmented with historic data to enable Cambridge as a self-aware smart city.

What you aim to bring/offer to the event incubator/accelerator:
A lot of work at SenSat focuses around robotics and AI in order to make human based tasks efficient. The aim of our talk would be to seed a discussion around how humans, technology and AI as the ultimate trifecta can allow us to survive as a species. We happens to live in times which will get regarded in history as the biggest technological revolution mankind has ever seen. Will this revolutionary period enable us humans to be more sustainable or will it bring in existential risk around it. The talk will focus on how flying robots (drones) have disrupted many industries, in which human were particularly inefficient.

What you would like to get from the event:
At SenSat we are hugely ambitious around our AI development, how it can learn from the real world data and outperform humans in simple decision making. We aim to build true Digital Twins of the physical environment around us; however it requires a deeper philosophical debate around human's trusting an autonomous AI to make important decisions. We hope that the presentation will allow the audience to reflect on what current technology has to offer as well as how the future of AI will change the way we make decision in our daily routine. The output of this discussion will be pivotal towards our research in developing the network of AI agents. Moreover, we would love to get feedback from the audience on the possibilities of swarms of drones flying over our cities at low altitude.

Days/dates you will be taking part in the event (between 6-11 march 2018):
Proposed dates: 10th and 11th March, but can also do 7th + (10th or 11th)

Your social media links:
SenSat Twitter: @SenSatUK
Khalid's Twitter: @FakharKhalid
Khalid's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sheikhfakharkhalid

Your main website:
www.sensat.co.uk

I have attached an image, include image credit info:
https://youtu.be/HsepHUKf18I

FA

Farrukh Akbar Thu 15 Feb 2018

Filming on Friday 16 Feb 2pm CG01

FA

Farrukh Akbar Thu 15 Feb 2018

Hi Guys, Here is the Health and safety form I have drafted. Please check it and make any additions/amendments if needed so that we can then forward it to Chris Follows.Thanks

FA

Farrukh Akbar Wed 21 Feb 2018

Hi Guy, s here is a draft AV / equipment and floor area needs for provocation 'Humans, Technology and AV...' Please check and amend if necessary. I think we have to give to Chris by Wed/Thurs. (Vish please check that the quiz show does not need anything else...assuming we are going to use the Rex area to do the quiz too). Thanks

FA

Farrukh Akbar Fri 23 Feb 2018

As there are no changes made to the draft H&S form I will send it off to Chris as the final version. Thnx