Nest 2019 Code of Conduct
Overview and summary of changes of Code of Conduct from last year, and the collaborative process both within Nest and cross-events.
CW: Violence, Sexual Assault, Consent Issues
Nest 2019 Code of Conduct: https://www.burningnest.co.uk/nest-code-of-conduct/
Nest 2018 Code of Conduct: https://tinyurl.com/nest2018codeconduct
High Level Summary of changes from 2018 to 2019:
* Expand to apply to Event + All Year Around other Nest Events + Online Nest Spaces
* Expand Consequences e.g. > social media, volunteer roles, etc
* Accessible & Inclusive Language > avoid burner lingo
Keep to the point (for impact and clarity) eg remove "FLAME"
* Reporting Process - added email for year around reporting issues email@example.com
* Reporting process at event - removed 'event safety team' focus on Rangers/Welfare/Site Lead. And Security/Medics for emergency situations.
* Add Link to Dusty Consent Wiki (European wide Burner consent resource)
After reading and referencing docs by other Burns (e.g. Nowhere, MicroBurn etc) and other 'run by burners' Events in our broader Community (e.g. Kinky Salon, Summer House Weekend etc), the 2018 document was reviewed and updated version drafted with minor changes as summarised above (and will post full change PDF).
The summary and the revised doc were shared with the Nest team for a period of consultation and feedback before the final version was published. It has also been shared with other European Burner event leads & consent leads in the community for feedback.
If there are specific areas of concern, then happy to discuss on here - or if you prefer 1-1 then you can email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or talk to me (or Sam) in person at the event.