Presenting a viable proposal to Twitter @ Twitter HQ
Tonight in SF, a group of people who have been super-keen on #platformcoop from a labor justice perspective came up with a way to get real, by hosting an event – at Twitter HQ itself – to float the #BuyTwitter proposal.
Show some love to the organizers at https://twitter.com/daspitzberg/status/786775013642731522 : )
What do people think about
a) putting effort into actually interfacing with Twitter, and,
b) Starting with Monday's push, channeling interest in #BuyTwitter towards a real-life event?
Danny Spitzberg started a proposal October 18th, 2016 07:42
Host a panel discussion with Twitter stakeholders and decision-makers @ Twitter HQ Closed 4:02pm - Friday 21 Oct 2016
In support of general agitation and education with the manifesto and other means of making #BuyTwitter a reality, a growing group of Bay Area-based organizers are actively exploring an in-person event.
Our intention is to build (and leverage) relationships with key stakeholders.
Date: within the next 3 weeks (before ≈Nov 15)
Location: likely at Twitter HQ (if contacts we have can pull through); otherwise, nearby
Possible people on stage:
We want the discussion to be 2 parts excitement, 3 parts explanation. This discussion should really go somewhere! Below is a list of likely invitees
- an expert in finance and law who know what's possible (investment lawyer Jenny Kassan jennykassan.com, co-founder of theselc.org and/or startup lawyer Kyle Westaway westaway.co, counsel for new co-op nobl.io)
- a co-op enthusiast from from a large co-op that might be analogous (someone from Stocksy United, or REI, or perhaps even chsinc.com - which also runs the CHS Foundation?)
- a leading activist in labor rights, digital rights,
- a Twitter executive, employees, or board members..?
- moderated by a local journalist or writer
Panel discussions are the least interactive, but a good MVP. Below are a few simple ways to build on the basic event.
- livestream it
- facilitate break-out groups
- host an unconference-style activity before or after
|Agree - 15|
|Abstain - 0|
|Disagree - 0|
|Block - 0|
October 18th, 2016 15:15
Needs to be carefully orchestrated. I would like to attend in person.
October 20th, 2016 23:51
If this idea can be broadcasted to Twitter folks, that could be an amazing help! Even if the first event is sort of provisional, it'd be worth it if the presentation is well done.