Loomio

Board meeting April 12th 2018 agenda

JH
Jon Harley Public Seen by 285

12/4/2018 at 7.30pm

  • Agree chair
  • Apologies
  • Minutes of last meeting
  • Matters arising not on this agenda
  • Change of registered office
  • Report on enquiries to the board
  • Financial report (Jon)
  • Accountant (Jon)
  • Directors report for AGM/CIC regulator (Brian; draft circulated on 8 April)
  • Membership drive for organisations (Brian)
  • Membership report (Gregory)
  • Geomob (Adam)
  • App (Adam)
  • Decision on membership fees (agreed by email)
  • Elections process (Jon; proposal circulated on 30 March)
  • Liaison with OpenData Manchester for AGM (Rob)
  • Activities/workshops/timetable for 19th May
  • Newsletter
  • AOB
BP

Brian Prangle Tue 10 Apr 2018

JOn

Please add Change of Registered Address to the agenda please (Andy R is moving)

Regards

Brian

GM(

Along with 19th May event: website booking system/publicity?

GM(

Draft minutes...

OSM UK CIC, Board Meeting

Brian (chair)
Jon
Gregory

Appologies
Rob
Adam

= Minutes approved =
https://www.loomio.org/d/kwUSy9FA/board-meeting-8-march-2018-agenda?utm_campaign=new_comment&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thread_mailer

= Matters Arising =
Not had terms of engagement yet. Should follow up after AGM etc.

Brian to check up on the consultants enquiry

== Reports on enquiries to board ==
One from Microsoft, about open data. More details later but likley after June. Happy for Rob to continue and await their proposal.

ODI contact about a grant, all directors still needing to read it properly.

Brian approached via Mapbox about a drone company. They operate training and compliance programmes. Likely to turn this into an OSM UK working group about drones.

== Finacial report ==
New coporate member signed up but not invoiced. A couple more members.

For finances, should have everything in order for filing.

How is money for the camera rental being managed. ACTION: Jon to ask Rob.

Post-meeting clarification from Rob: Money for camera rental is paid in to our PayPal via a webpage (unlinked so as to not have people pay without first contacting us). I then send it and pay the return postage with my own money. Finally I claim this back from OSM UK as a bank transfer (via Jon). [Jon confirmed he has seen the payment come in]

== CIC Annual Report ==
Brian thanks us for feedback.
Question: circulate it in same form to members, or just extract the report. Suggested the latter, as the form doesn't offer anything else.

== Corporate members ==
Need to focus on list of orgs to contact and add extra ones

== Membership report ==
69 members now. That would make quorum be 7. Deadline to sign-up and get voting rights is 20th April, fast approaching.

Members fees should be discussed later, when we have time before AGM 2019.

== App ==
Nothing new to report

== AGM Voting ==
Some confusion, about when and what resolutions can be proposed.
More worried about getting any nominations for board.
ACTION: each director to write a sentence about "what being director has meant to me & to the community"
This could go in newsletter to encourage people.
Brian: propose we address more than 2 nominations (how to handle), after nominations close.
Jon: propose next board be 1st Thursday (3rd May) for various reasons/help.
Proposal of meeting date ageed.

== AGM Planning ==
Do we need materials/equipment?

ACTION: Greg to discuss sign-up method. Planning. Greg will make thread in Loomio (public).

With activities, workshop, timetable to discuss too.

== Newsletter ==
Jon: wanted to publicise the AGM, as discussed already. Needs to be in next 7 days.
Brian: Everybody get your director sentences in, so Rob can include that.

== AOB ==
Registered address needs to change, need a new one.
ACTION: Brian to ask about options, including asking Andy.

Meeting finished 20:25.

R

RobJN Thu 12 Apr 2018

Thanks all.

Money for camera rental is paid in to our PayPal via a webpage (unlinked so as to not have people pay without first contacting us). I then send it and pay the return postage with my own money. Finally I claim this back from OSM UK as a bank transfer (via Jon).

Rob

JH

Jon Harley Fri 13 Apr 2018

Thanks Rob (and now I remember there was a paypal payment of £11). I think it would be good to minute that process in place of "Action: Jon ask Rob".
Adam didn't make it so "late" can be removed
AGM voting, I believe we agreed to my proposal of bringing forward the next board meeting? So should be minuted as "agreed".
Apart from that, minutes OK with me.

GM(

I edited my post with those points Jon.
We just need to make sure Rob and Adam notice the 3rd May for our next directors' meeting.

R

RobJN Fri 13 Apr 2018

I noticed that we are a bit behind with minutes on osmuk.org. Hold on... February was created as a page but not linked to, so I have done this now. Need March adding now approved.