Exploratory e-NABLE Convergence in Thailand and Cambodia
Building on a sponsored speaking engagement at Carehab SIngapore, on Feb 22, I seek funding for a convergence of actual and potential e-NABLE stakeholders in neighboring Cambodia and Thailand, where e-NABLE Chapter Thai Reach has been doing groundbreaking work in a leper colony in Khon Khen. Two thousand dollars should cover expenses for regional travel and expenses in Thailand and Cambodia for the various participants (Jon, Ben Rubin, the two co-Founders of Thai Reach, and two representatives from Khmer organizations working with amputees and/or interested in becoming part of the e-NABLE network.)
A more detailed proposal, and background on the various participants is here
The benefits of this project should include
* delivery of e-NABLE devices, fabricated by Thai Reach, to two amputees in Cambodia
* introdutions and collaborations among e-NABLE stakeholders in Thailand and Cambodia
* facilitation of possible partnerships with other aid organizaitons in the region
* an opportunity for me to learn about regional projects, challenges and opportunities in this part of the world
* a report to the community on what we learn
* plans for the future. It turns out that I will be back in Thailand in May for another event, and it is likely that that will be an occasion for a second convergence (and perhaps funding proposal) that will build on the opportunities uncovered in this one.
A note on governance and policy.
This is my first proposal for funding to the EnableFund.
As you know, I manage the EnableFund and moderate this Loomio group in connection with our 501(c)3 non-profit Rochester Enable Limited. For the past year, my conference and travel expenses in the service of e-NABLE have been underwritten by REL. However REL is currently low on funds, in part because I channeled a September donation of $10,000 to the EnableFund rather than to our own non-profit (ain't I great?).
SPC is working to encourage others to contribute to the EnableFund, and we have expressed the hope that worthy proposals from those who raise funds will be prioritized for funding via Enablio. Your timely support for this proposal will support this strategy (and allow me to proceed with bookings!)
As ever, comments welcome!
Jon Schull started a proposal Thu 24 Jan 2019
Approve an EnableFund grant of $2000 for a February e-NABLE Convergence in Thailand and Cambodia. Closed Thu 31 Jan 2019
Thanks everyone for the speedy and energizing approval of the proposal. The trip is coming together nicely!
|Agree - 28|
|Abstain - 0|
|Disagree - 0|
|Block - 0|