Diaspora project goal is missing!
Two years ago Max and Daniel left the project as core contributors. Since that time the diaspora development goes on (thanks) but without a specific goal. A project without a goal is a project without success. For example 10 month ago: https://www.loomio.org/d/VMg5HlpZ/diaspora-the-next-12-months
How to tackle this issue?
We should change the process model. Someone should be responsible for planning the next release and communicating about it. We know the wish list is long enough to pick one feature for the next release. Let's focus on one feature for the next release and work together on it. I believe we can make more progress towards our goals (to be defined).
- Rename "next" milestone into "0.4.0.0" and rename "next-next" milestone into "0.5.0.0" https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/issues/milestones
- Discuss and select one big feature for the 0.5.0.0 release (currently named next-next)
- Split the one big feature into small subtasks for the 0.5.0.0 release
- Focus on pull requests related to the 0.5.0.0 release
- Communicate to the developers about the next 0.5.0.0 release with the new big feature and related subtasks